The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)
As the leading voice of 5.5 million small businesses and the self-employed heard in governments across the UK, the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) is always campaigning to deliver real change for small business owners and the self-employed on the issues that matter most.
We highlight some of the benefits to small businesses of becoming a member of the FSB.
FSB membership unlocks market-leading business services, advice, tools and more, meaning they’re behind you every step of the way on your business journey. Members receive an exclusive package of great value business services including advice, financial products and support. The benefits include protection in the case of tax inspection, legal and HR advice, as well as local networking groups, business banking and so much more.
What the membership entails and benefits?
As an FSB member, you’ll have access to benefits such as:
- Tax Investigation Protection - Protection and tax advice as well as comprehensive support and tax investigation insurance, all at no added cost.
- Legal Protection Scheme - Designed for small businesses, legal expense insurance to protect your business that’s backed by 24/7 legal advice, online support, and expert tax guidance.
- Employment Protection - HR advice available round the clock to help you stay compliant with employment law, no matter the size of your team. Download template documents, speak to employment solicitors for advice and employment tribunal insurance.
- Health and Safety Advice - Online documentation and on-demand training from industry experts about workplace health and safety.
- Legal Hub - Checked by real lawyers, search over 1,300 online legal documents, policies, templates and more on everything from cyber security to tax.
- Care - A team of experienced nurses accessible for confidential and long-term support with physical and mental health.
- Insurance Service - An award-winning full general insurance broking service with exclusive discounts, dedicated insurance advice line and tailored support.
- First Voice - Packed with the latest news, advice and information, this business magazine is exclusively for FSB members.
- pirkx - pirkx provides affordable wellbeing benefits to small business owners. There is a 24/7 telephone and online GP with unlimited telephone counselling for members and their families.
- Payments - From the market-leading payment provider, Worldpay from FIS helps you to stay ahead of the competition with fast, reliable, and secure payment solutions.
- Funding Platform - Financial advice and 24/7 support, exclusively for FSB members.
- Debt Recovery - Guidance on chasing late payments for any money back you’re owed., 24/7 support, free DIY template letters and clear discounted legal costs.
- Workplace Pensions and Payroll - Comprehensive support for small employers. Includes a discounted payroll service and tailored workplace packages.
- Cyber Protection - Cyber support backed up by cyber insurance designed for small businesses to help protect against unseen threats.
- Business Banking - A business current account by The Co-operative Bank, free for the duration of your membership and FSCS protected.
- PR/Crisis Management - Protect your reputation with professional PR advice for small businesses. Insurance of up to £10,000 and specialist crisis communications support in the event of a major public relations crisis.
- Making Tax Digital App - A HMRC recognised solution for small businesses and the self-employed, making it easy to comply with new MTD rules.
Memberships starts from £147 per year and you can join online or chat to one of their advisors before taking the leap.
Examples of types of events they hold in the coming month:
Sussex Virtual Networking
Tuesday 12th July, 2022
During the second week of every month, FSB holds a virtual networking event which aims to continue to provide the opportunity for people to meet and expand their network with other business owners in the Sussex area. It is open to both FSB members and non-members. Find out more